12 Nov 2007

A short road trip indeed.

A small gang formed and we decided to roam a bit, Viper Sam in the lead with me, Jack and Mochur following. Odd that Mochur and Viper's corps are actually red towards each but sometimes, you have to put aside your difference when in pursuit of the gank. A small mobile gang but Viper Sam, eager to test out his vagabond ended up stirring up a massive hornets next in the form of a ROADKILL gang somewhere near Akora.

We moved out fast as we didn't want to be caught out. It was fun running away.

MH was closed off as the junction had more Roadkill pilots there so, disappointed we moved back towards our home system.

It was busy. It is always busy, that's why we love it.

Another jaguar class ship stalked me while I was busy stalking everything else including a jaguar and three rifters. I hugged planet 8 when the jaguar pilot opened up a conversation window with me. He demanded that I rename my ship. I took his ship name as my own - merely to cause confusion not to insult but the jaguar pilot was not too happy.

He demanded a 1 v 1 but I merely retorted, 'We're pirates, not knights!' and with that, he grumbled an agreement. Of course, I would still like a kill as Gusandall is my home and also home for a fair few others pirates, some I call friends. Sometimes one feels a bit threatened and invaded when too many pilots roam freely, whether they are blinkies or no. Am sure this feeling is shared by all those 0.0 alliance pilots out there.

So I wanted a kill and swept my Jaguar-class assault frigate back towards the planet. My jaguar is fitted differently from other jaguars: instead of it shield tanking, it's like a rifter with an extra mid-slot. I use the mid-slot for either a tracking disruptor or a remote sensor dampner or even a racial ECM if one has the capacitor for it.

Blasphemous to some I know but the secret to success has always been to surprise. This setup has always been very successful to me except, ironically, against other shield tanked frigates like the jaguar!

So Alex Medvedov spotted me at the planet and warped in. We locked each other and I could see that my lock time was quicker due to his larger signature radius. However, chewing through a shield tank like that was not going to be easy. His Jaguar was fitted with tech two rockets as well and we exchange salvo at close range. He didn't web me (not enough mid-slots) bit even with EMP, I was having trouble chewing through his shield. He got me into armour just as my armour repairer came online. This went on for a few minutes, the small nosferatu making a difference to my cap. However, I couldn't keep this up forever and my armour repairer eventually shut down. I was taking a serious pounding now and had yet to get Alex's jaguar into armour so the situation was dire.

My ship shuddered as it realised that it was dying, leaking atmosphere and fuel, I continued on the crazy, and lethal orbit. When suddenly, another frigate came in. It was Kane. My ship popped just as Kane locked onto the enemy Jaguar. I warped out but Kane blasted the jaguar into scrap and managed to snag the pod. The ransom demands (quite reasonable at 10million iskl) was broadcast across the local Comnet. The stricken pilot, now in his pod - refused to pay so Kane blasted him to flash-frozen organic matter.

Alex vowed revenge.

2007.11.12 22:30

Victim: flashfresh
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Destroyed: Jaguar
System: Gusandall
Security: 0.4

Involved parties:
Name: Alex Medvedov (laid the final blow)
Security: -7.7
Alliance: The Church.
Corp: Soliders Of Eve
Ship: Jaguar
Weapon: 200mm AutoCannon II

Destroyed items:
EMP S, Qty: 1415 (Cargo)
EMP S, Qty: 107
Gyrostabilizer II, Qty: 1
150mm Light AutoCannon II, Qty: 1
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I, Qty: 1
'Abandon' Targeting Disruptor I, Qty: 1
Fleeting Progressive Warp Scrambler I, Qty: 1
Spirits, Qty: 1 (Cargo)
200mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I, Qty: 1
Hail S, Qty: 381 (Cargo)
Barrage S, Qty: 500 (Cargo)

THIS IS GUSANDALL!

Love it.

Anyway, I have plans that are firming up - an extended road trip into alliance space with a bunch of cut throats. Can't wait and will keep you all posted.