8 Feb 2007

Killing scythes

Tested out the Bleeder again, not too happy with it to be honest - it doesnt last well against frigates but cruisers - well, better.

Checked out Auren today - usually the ass end of nowhere but plenty of belts for victims to hide in. I arrived and there were two. A rifter and a scythe. The rifter was ss'ing everywhere and I had no hope in catching him. The scythe was something different.

I found him ratting in a belt near planet IV. I landed about 12KM and hit the afterburner to close the distance. He better not warp out! I thought to myself. He didn't but started to lock me - so it was game on. Only had two kills in the punisher so was eager to add a third.

I hit a tight 2000m orbit, switched on the 200mm and the nos and maintained orbit. He was using heavy missiles and they stripped my shields pretty quick but then hit the wall that was the Bleeder's tank. He was only down to 50% and I was in armour but it felt like a fight I could win. I also decided to do a quick repair on the armour: nothing dis-heartens a pilot when he see damage being repaired mid-battle.

He continued to hit me with missiles but all was in control - my nos was picking up enough Cap to sustain my (already huge) cap reserves. The 200mm ACs chipped away with EMP projectiles while the disruptor kept him tight.

He con'voed me and started chatting - I got the feeling he was unsure what to do - doesn't he know when he is being mugged?

I took him down to armour and continued to chip away - his conversation was interesting but i wanted the kill. I told him 500K to save his pod but he said no. Fare enough - took the scythe down to hull and continued to chip away at him. My armour tank was at 98% with 80% cap. There was no breaking this tank. The 200mm reinforced steel plate made a difference.

His ship popped and I snagged his pod. We chatted some more even when his pod was blasted. He wasn't pleased but calmed down enough to see that this was not personal. He just got ambushed.

Yaaaaarrrr.




2007.02.08 14:47

Victim: tazit1z
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Moon Hawks
Destroyed: Scythe
System: Auren
Security: 0.4

Involved parties:

Name: Angel Defacer / Archangels

Name: flashfresh (laid the final blow)
Security: -9.9
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Ship: Punisher
Weapon: 200mm Light Carbine Repeating Cannon I


Destroyed items:

Heavy Missile Launcher I
Heavy Missile Launcher I
Miner II (Cargo)
Miner II (Cargo)
Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters
Target Painter I
Miner I, Qty: 3 (Cargo)
Fusion S, Qty: 18 (Cargo)
1MN Afterburner I, Qty: 3 (Cargo)
250mm Light 'Scout' Artillery I
ML-3 Amphilotite Mining Probe (Cargo)
Nanoelectrical Co-Processor I
280mm Howitzer Artillery I
Suppressed Targeting System I (Cargo)
Thunderbolt Heavy Missile, Qty: 15 (Cargo)
Passive Targeter I (Cargo)
EMP M, Qty: 100 (Cargo)
ECCM Projector I (Cargo)
Stasis Webifier I (Cargo)
200mm AutoCannon I (Cargo)
Medium Hull Repairer I (Cargo)
Small Hull Repairer I (Cargo)
Passive Targeter I (Cargo)
Warp Disruptor I (Cargo)
Titanium Sabot S, Qty: 15
Arch Angel Carbonized Lead S, Qty: 58
Thunderbolt Heavy Missile, Qty: 4


2007.02.08 14:49

Victim: tazit1z
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Moon Hawks
Destroyed: Capsule
System: Auren
Security: 0.4

Involved parties:

Name: flashfresh (laid the final blow)
Security: -9.9
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Ship: Punisher
Weapon: 200mm Light Carbine Repeating Cannon I