31 Jan 2007

Eager for revenge

Eager for revenge I limped home and got into my Rupture and went hunting - checking that I had a full load of EMP M shells. I went back into Eifer and waited, hungry for some kills. Any kills.

I had to rat to keep the boredom levels down and was about to dock up when another ruppie came into local.

Score.

I had some bad experiences of a rupture - they are slow but they pack a damn hard punch and can shred most ships with alarming ease. I had lost the first rupture to a cyclone.

Vyndal was a six-month pilot and still with RMS. Looks like a slow learner. Using the scanner, I flicked through the various systems and there: he was in Belt 2, IV. Hitting the warp button, the rupture crawled into warp - not like the trusty rifter that leaps into the warp, as if eager for the kill.

The journey through the warp gave me time for system check and when I came out of warp - I spotted Vyndal. On came the scrambler but man, the lock time on the rupture is painfully slow when compared to the rifter. However, the enemy's rupture was equally slow to escape and the 1pt was sufficient to nail him. I hit the AB and slammed the cruiser into a closer, more destructive orbit. Once under 10KM both the NOS and the web came on and when I was within 5KM - the utterly destructive 425mm autocannons spoke.

The EMP shells screamed across the void and ate his shields then his armour - all 3+K of it (I assume). Vyndal fought back with havoc heavy missiles but he was using long range artillery pieces that had trouble tracking even the slow rupture.

He was into hull and I then let out my drones (had forgotten!) which proved to much for him. I tried to snag the pod but Vyndal got away.

He called me an asshole and that I should watch out for him.

Whatever. Bring it on.

The KillMail:
2007.01.31 14:28

Victim: Vyndal
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Republic Military School
Destroyed: Rupture
System: Eifer
Security: 0.4

Involved parties:

Name: Angel Shatterer / Archangels

Name: flashfresh (laid the final blow)
Security: -10.0
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Ship: Rupture
Weapon: 425mm AutoCannon I


Destroyed items:

Medium Peroxide I Capacitor Power Cell
Large Neutron Saturation Injector I
Co-Processor I
720mm Carbine Howitzer I
720mm Howitzer Artillery I
Medium Subordinate Screen Stabilizer I
Co-Processor I
Smashed Trigger Unit, Qty: 11 (Cargo)
Medium Shield Booster I (Cargo)
Havoc Heavy Missile, Qty: 100 (Cargo)
Cap Booster 50, Qty: 10 (Cargo)
Passive Targeter I (Cargo)
X5 Prototype I Engine Enervator (Cargo)
Small Shield Booster I (Cargo)
Contaminated Nanite Compound, Qty: 4 (Cargo)
Phased Plasma S, Qty: 100 (Cargo)
Warp Disruptor I (Cargo)
Miner I (Cargo)
Stasis Webifier I (Cargo)
Small Armor Repairer I (Cargo)
Small Hull Repairer I (Cargo)
Rocket Launcher I (Cargo)
Foxfire Rocket, Qty: 100 (Cargo)
1MN Afterburner I (Cargo)
Small Hull Repairer I (Cargo)
Miner I (Cargo)
Stasis Webifier I (Cargo)
Passive Targeter I (Cargo)
Small Armor Repairer I (Cargo)
200mm AutoCannon I (Cargo)
Stasis Webifier I (Cargo)
Small Automated Structural Restoration (Cargo)
EMP M, Qty: 85
Phased Plasma M, Qty: 3
Carbonized Lead M, Qty: 2