13 Sept 2006

And so it begins....

So it begins.....why did I want to join the Darkside? Well, I love the thrill of the hunt. I wanted people to fear me. I wanted to kill and maim and leave a trail of destruction. I wanted to beat another pilot into flaming pulp.

I undocked and flew around looking for targets but an EVE-Pirate post said that Vitrauze and the surrounding areas was a good hunting ground so I went in my trusty rifter and looked for targets. The previous week in Syndicate revealed nothing to me.

My scanner picked up a target and my heart started thumping. Narrowing the scan range down I located Krazy Kramer in a belt. A quick glance at his Bio and employment revealed he was only 14 days out of pod school. Time to send him back methinks.

I hit the warp button and I was shaking with excitement and my heart was pounding so hard I had trouble breathing. My fingers were also trembling as they were poised over the F1-F8 buttons. Popping out of warp and saw the lovely white square icon of a frigate (tristan) in the overview. I was about 12Km so I targetted him and hit the scrambler.

The ship was locked and the scrambler prevented him from flying off. Aurora quite annoying informed me that my sec rating was being reduced due to hostile action. I didn't care but hit the AB to get close enough for my autocannons to hit. My heart was beating so hard I thought it would explode and I was also very light headed. Had problem focusing but managed to see that KK was now within 7km and I hit the webber and the three autocannons and single rocket launcher. They ripped into the tristan's shields and I almost shat myself when I saw what I was doing. I was hoping that the pilot opposite me was having a worse time.

The EMP ammo ripped into its shields then into its armour. The tristan managed to reaquire me and sent out a single combat drone. I laughed as it did a tiny bit of damage while I was carving massive chunks of armour off him.

Tristan was now into hull and started to expel oxygen and fire. I pressed on and slammed more shells into it. I stared, heart hammering away like mad and saw the Tristan burst apart in slow motion. I then saw the pod in the overview. Shit!

Trembling I activate my mods but forgot to target. Shit! I was panicking but managed to re-acquire the egg. I locked on and the pod was scrambled. He was mine - I savoured the victory but this was a delicious experience. Nothing was said in local so I hit F1-F4 and destroyed the Pod. The sounds was exquisite and see the flash-frozen corpse made me grin like a mad man.

I had killed a man.

It felt good. Damn good.

I was also criminally flagged and my sec rating had dropped to -1.7, so sweet.

I checked my mail as the icon was flashing and read the concord message. Beautiful. I couldn't sit down afterward but had to quickly safe spot and leave the keyboard alone. My body was experiencing an adrenaline rush I had never felt before.

Damn, I wanted more!

Kill Mail: (in my excitement I deleted the ship kill mail!!!)

2006.09.12 20:27
Victim: Krazy Kraker
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Federal Navy Academy
Destroyed: Capsule
System: Vitrauze
Security: 0.3
Involved parties:
Name: flashfresh (laid the final blow)
Security: -1.4
Alliance: NONE
Corp: The Water Margin.
Ship: Rifter
Weapon: 150mm Light Carbine Repeating Cannon I