2 May 2008

There's always a bigger pack of hounds on your ass.

A broken 1 v 1?
Sitting quietly in my jaguar assault frigate, I chuckled to myself as I let the local pod pilot 'chat' flow through and over me.

It went along the lines of:

"Come and get your ship beotch, am gonna kick your ass!"

"You're going to go down faster than a cheap hooker."

"Stab whore!"

The usual good natured smack in Eifer local then.

This was appeared to be directed at a known pirate, PvPGod. A blood thirsty pirate and ex-M34N corp. He left the corp soon after the dispute between Black-Flag and M34N a few months back but he still lives around Gusdandall. PvPGod was asking for a 1 v 1 versus Coomsey (sp?) a hurricane pilot from Asti Max. I was already tracking a colleague of his, Lion Lord, also in a hurricane as he came in and out of Eifer.

I went to the top belt in Eifer just to bait. I was confident of tackling the hurricane and even killing it in my jaguar. Done it before, will do it again. My scanner revealed two canes and PvPGod's deimos. Only the other day, PvPGod took a pop at my rupture but meh, I was more interested in the second hurricane.

PvPGod arrived in the same belt as me - the deimos landing very close to my frail looking ship. I stopped my ship as did he and we regarded each other warily. I did not lock him nor did he. The drones stayed in PvPGod's drone-bay. We made our intentions known, he was here for a 1 v 1 and the chat was all in local and I had to respect this. I moved off from the deimos as PvPGod stayed and waited patiently for the arranged 1 v 1.

I moved off to a holding position of 100km from the field and powered down my ship to watch the fight. The deimos stayed there and a minute later, there was a pinging sound as my proximity alert warned me that there was an incoming ship and indeed, a hurricane-class battle cruiser materialised some 15km from PvPGod's deimos. A heavy assault ship versus a battle cruiser. If the 'cane kept range and used neutralisers, he could kill the deimos. The deimos had to get real close to it's opponent and then use it's heavy blasters to tear it's opponent to pieces. We shall see.

So it was game on: love to see the 1 v 1 play out.

My proximity alert bleeped again, another incoming ship! Knowing what was probably going to happen, I fired up the afterburner and powered towards the battling pair.

The second hurricane came, piloted by Lion Lord (Coomsey's corp mate), roared into the belt. Looks like the 1 v 1 agreement, if there ever was one, was now torn up. A free for all. Excellent.

I locked the new hurricane and pointed it. I was pretty sure that PvPGod had the first 'cane pointed. Just for the hell of it, I called in a friend who was in a falcon; just to piss off the hurricane pilots. Not only were they tackled, they'll be jammed as well.

Lion Lord's shield flared as my 150mm auto canons spun up and tore into him. Been using the small 150mm canons for a while and knew how to use them for maximum effect. There was a roar of heavy missiles flaring past me and I realised that Lion Lord did not have the right weapons to take out small ships like mine. He didn't have any neutralisers installed so would have a hard time dealing with me. Once he was jammed he was dead.

Coomsey's hurricane then turned and warped out.

I rechecked my visual feed - did he leave his corp mate to his fate? I think he did. PvPGod then switched his attention over to Lion Lord as well. The end was quick.

2008.05.01 15:19

Victim: Lion Lord
Alliance: None
Corp: Asti Max
Destroyed: Hurricane
System: Eifer
Security: 0.4
Damage Taken: 19330

Involved parties:
Name: pvp god (laid the final blow)
Security: -9.9
Alliance: Valhalla Alliance
Corp: Guns'R'Us
Ship: Deimos
Weapon: Heavy Ion Blaster II
Damage Done: 14516

Name: flashfresh
Security: -10.0
Alliance: None
Corp: BLACK-FLAG
Ship: Jaguar
Weapon: Jaguar
Damage Done: 4814

Name: Prediction Pain
Security: -9.0
Alliance: None
Corp: Perkone
Ship: Falcon
Weapon: ECM - Multispectral Jammer II
Damage Done: 0

Destroyed items:

Fusion M, Qty: 124
'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher
'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher
'Arbalest' Heavy Missile Launcher
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon I
650mm Artillery Cannon I
Cap Booster 800
Cap Recharger II
Warp Disruptor I
Beta Reactor Control: Diagnostic System I
Damage Control II
800mm Reinforced Steel Plates I
800mm Reinforced Steel Plates I
Quantum Co-Processor I
Drones Rigging (Cargo)
Fusion M, Qty: 5201 (Cargo)
Hobgoblin I (Drone Bay)

Of course, no fight is complete without a good pod kill. Hope he didn't have any expensive implants....


2008.05.01 15:04

Victim: Lion Lord
Alliance: None
Corp: Asti Max
Destroyed: Capsule
System: Eifer
Security: 0.4
Damage Taken: 437

Involved parties:

Name: flashfresh (laid the final blow) Security: -10.0
Alliance: None
Corp: BLACK-FLAG
Ship: Jaguar
Weapon: Gremlin Rocket
Damage Done: 437

Name: pvp god
Security: -10.0
Alliance: Valhalla Alliance
Corp: Guns'R'Us
Ship: Deimos
Weapon: X5 Prototype I Engine Enervator
Damage Done: 0

From the conversation soon after, I think both pilot's thought that the pod kill was a bit rough.

One can only chuckle at this. However, what goes around, comes around....so please read on.


Drake at the gate.

"Am going down! Am going down!" yelled Bobby Nobins, a regular associate of the Independence bar and now on our channel.

"Bobby. Location and status?" I said, as I undocked in my hurricane and raced to Bobby's last known location.

"Gus gate in Ingunn! Gus gate in Ingunn!" and then the transmission was interrupted.

Fearing the worst, I requested immediate gate activation and leapt in. Normally, one should never enter a system without first checking but a fellow pirate was in need. Bobby's voice comms came back in but the frequency was different and I knew that he had lost his stabber-class cruiser.

"Kill him Flash. Kill him!"

When the GUI updated, I saw that there was a drake-class battle cruiser, blinking an angry red and sniffing around the still spluttering wreck of Bobby Nobins stabber. I was over 32km from it and hit the micro warp drive.

"All crew. Action stations. Prepare for imminent hostilities."

Following close behind me was Kerjin in his vagabond and little did I know, Jubes in his 'cane and WayCharles in his pilgrim. They were monitoring the Independence communications channel and had decided to help. Sharks around blood eh?

There is no such thing as too much firepower.

Never.

I got within range of my warp disruptor, a new version with a greater range and I hope that the drake did not have extra warp core stabilising equipment installed. The micro warp drive got my hurricane within my optimal range within seconds.

"All gun crews. Fire!"

There was a slight shudder, as my 425mm auto canons opened up and smashed into the drake's shields.

He went down fast but got his pod out.

Decent loot too. Kill is here.

What goes around, comes around

However, a few hours later - there was a small gang spotted in and around Eifer and Jubes, WayCharles and I were sparring with them. The had left some T2 drones near a belt and had a falcon cloaked nearby. Their idea was to kill anyone who came close to the drones. I think that was the idea - am probably wrong.

This gang included a rifter, blackbird, falcon and ishtar. We had a vagabond, falcon and hurricane. The engagement was inconclusive however, we managed to spar with each other but the presence of the recon ships negated our (and their) tackling ability.

However, unknown to us - there was a second (un-related) gang approaching us, with a megathron, rapier and ishtar. To be honest, we didn't know the exact fleet setup but WayCharles was tackled by an ishtar in the top belt and I responded as quickly as I could. On arrival, WayCharles' ship was destroyed and I aggressively went after the ishtar. Confident in my ability, I settled in to get into my optimal and released my ECM drones.

Then a rapier decloaked about 45km from me. Oh no. Time for immediate exit, left.

I knew that I was warp scrambled by the ishtar but I hit the micro warp drive to get some velocity and some separation. However, the rapier pilot was quick and had me webbed. I was scrambled. I was then jammed and lost my locks. This was getting bad.

Then the megathron arrived.

Game over.

I was also podded as I didn't have any implants and it was quicker than docking. Great kill by the Bushido guys. My loss mail is here.

Later on in the evening.....

Having recovered from my loss; I managed to set up a gang of 11 pilots - a mix of M34N, The Bastards and Hellequin. However, the night proved to be inconclusive as there was a 25+ gang of anti-pies in Eifer, a second anti-pie gang from UK Mayhem were behind us and there was a roaming four-crow/sabre gang in Hrondredir.

We managed to kill a drake and a crow but lost a cerberus and a scorpion. Very poor K/D if one is interested in it.