13 Dec 2007

One before I go!

Back in Gusandall and with corp chat busy discussing the last op, my spies told me that there were ships about. I undocked and went hunting for loot and ransoms. In quick succession I tracked, tackled and killed a stabber and a thrasher. Both giving as good as they could, my Jaguar (an armour tanking one) took some abuse but survived. The stabber was a good kill. It was fast but it made the mistake of getting within my webber range. Once there, I could kill it. The stabber had two missile batteries that pounded my shields but it wasn't enough and died to my guns. My ransom attempt was rejected out of hand but okay loot was obtained, so no great loss.
I then tackled a thrasher in a complex - it was far from me and I hoped that he didn't notice me amidst the slew of angel frigates and cruisers and destroyers. Some immediately targetted me and by the time I had a point on the thrasher, my shields were down. No matter, my blood was up and I had the thrasher in my grip. I would not let go. I fought back well, I was under fire from both him and some angels but I prevailed.

Hitting the scan once more and luck was on my side, I spotted a wolf-class assault frigate, the cousin of my Jaguar-class. I knew this area well and there was a high probablility that he was in the second complex. I warped there eager to kill, unconcerned about the damage I had taken. Afterall, scars look cool.

I activated the complex's gate and arrived amidst debris. The wolf was busy and was 25km from me. I had a tech 2 warp disruptor and from 24km, it reached out to him, preventing him from escaping into warp. A wolf only has two slots with one (usually) being an afterburner the second being either a web or a scrambler. I started to take damage at 18km.

"WTF?" I thought to myself and yes, the wolf and some angels were hitting me. From this range, the wolf must be using artillery pieces. I had to get close and web him. There was a lurch as my jaguar bumped into some station hardware and then I stopped. Damn! Cursing, I hit the reverse thrusters and tried to get out - the wolf was hitting me hard and I was now stuck! After manically bumping my way out, I was free of the first set of structures and hit the afterburner again, the wolf stubbornly stayed at around 12km from me. It was warp scrambled but not webbed and I was not in my optimal. I was toying with the idea of switching to long range ammunition but decided that I would finally get close.

I was repairing my armour but my cap was dropping. The cap booster was running low on charges and I had to get close. I steered the jaguar around another obstruction and moved away from the wolf, my intention was to swing round and come up behind him, all the time his artillery pieces were taking chunks out of me. I managed to get a clear run for him and hitting the afterburners, I got him webbed but then hit another structure. The wolf was stuck at 7km now but I had this huge structure in front of me. I fired and he fired. His shield went down while my armour went down. This went on for a good two minutes with me firing off cap charges. He was slowly going down, slowly. Damn he had a good shield!

I ran out of cap charges and I had to get out. The structure was too big for me to move round and keep the webber on the wolf and his longer range munition was shredding me. His shields had finally disappeared but I had to to turn. I had to leave. I had to run.

A single shell clipped the rear of my ship and ruptured the fusion reactor. Emergency lights winked on and off and I knew that I was dead. I kissed my ship goodbye and blasted clear as the Jaguar convulsed and blew up. It was good fight and I was beaten by the better pilot on the day. However, revenge would be mine. Grunanca had finally emerged from his room and I fired off a terse message to him. Within seconds, he was in his jaguar and was en route to avenge me. He arrived at the same complex as I limped home, the Wolf bolted from the complex and Grunanca was in pursuit, snaring the Wolf near a planet and blasting it. Grun's shields never dipped below 93%. The Wolf pilot, brave as he was, got podded, his body-parts flash freezing in space.

2007.12.13 17:59

Victim: torgair
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Brutor tribe
Destroyed: Wolf
System: Gusandall
Security: 0.4

Involved parties:

Name: Grunanca (laid the final blow)
Security: -10.0
Alliance: NONE
Corp: black-flag
Ship: Jaguar
Weapon: 150mm Light AutoCannon II

Name: flashfresh
Security: -10.0
Alliance: NONE
Corp: black-flag
Ship: Unknown
Weapon: 150mm Light AutoCannon II

Name: Gistii Hijacker / Angel Cartel


Destroyed items:

Dropped items:, Qty: 6
Tracking Speed, Qty: 6
280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Qty: 4
EMP S
Fusion S, Qty: 12
Small Shield Extender II
Optical Tracking Computer I
Gyrostabilizer II
Inertia Stabilizers II
Overdrive Injector System II
Beta Reactor Control: Diagnostic System I
1MN Afterburner I (Cargo)
LiF Fueled I Booster Rockets (Cargo)
Small Energy Transfer Array I (Cargo)
Passive Targeter I (Cargo)
Proton S, Qty: 46 (Cargo)
Titanium Sabot S, Qty: 260 (Cargo)
Depleted Uranium S, Qty: 756 (Cargo)
Phased Plasma S, Qty: 1084 (Cargo)
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S, Qty: 256 (Cargo)
Fusion S, Qty: 94 (Cargo)
EMP S, Qty: 445 (Cargo)
Tracking Disruptor I (Cargo)
Angel Ship Log 343873495 (Cargo)
Quake S, Qty: 977 (Cargo)
Rocket Launcher I (Cargo)
Projectile Collision Accelerator I
Powergrid Subroutine Maximizer I

Oh well, revenge was mine and Grun passed over to me the Wolf pilot's remains.

Getting into a newly minted Jaguar - I undocked and went to a neighbouring system and grabbed another thrasher and killed it. Nothing makes you forget a death than causing another one!
I started chatting to Mandaro; he was hunting a vagabond and while it would probably end in my death - I thought, why the hell not? And joined in with Blade to see what we could see.

Tracking, Mandaro and I caught a scythe and a rifter in a belt. I killed the rifter and had a part in the scythe kill. Mandaro's taranis doing the bulk of the damage.

I think the interceptor class as a whole have been upgraded and now they make for deadly ships. Might have to dig up the interceptor skill books and train up for a claw or stilletto.


Maybe.

So many options. It's good to be a pirate.