22 Oct 2007

Caracal kill

Had to roam around as I needed to explore and kill someone. I did both. The trip down the pipe was very quiet and not many peeps out in the belts or around complexes. I swear, there should be more high grade ore in low-sec, not as much as 0.0 but enough to entice peeps to mine there and settle in low-sec full time.

I for one, welcome more settlers in low-sec; a bit like what Omega alliance are trying to do. All power to them, means more targets for me. Anyway, I tracked through the systems and spotted a caracal. With nothing else on, I checked the ammo hoppers for the right ammo (EMP) and then scanned down the cruiser. Hitting warp, I landed 2km away and snapped on the disruptor and weapons. They scored excellent hits:

2007.10.22 18:43:07 Combat Your 150mm Light AutoCannon II perfectly strikes KIsei Karamitsu [VVP], wrecking for 108.5 damage.

However, the caracal had a decent shield tank and managed to hold on. Once his shields evaporated it was easy. I podded the pilot and had a chat with him after the kill. Looks like he is in a pirate corp too. I suppose when pirates hunt pirates, it shows you how little there are in the way of viable targets. Christ, does this mean that I have to camp gates and kill those farming haulers in Ingunn?

2007.10.22 18:43

Victim: KIsei Karamitsu
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Vindicta Pirata
Destroyed: Caracal
System: Resbroko
Security: 0.4

Involved parties:
Name: flashfresh (laid the final blow)
Security: -10.0
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Ship: Wolf
Weapon: 150mm Light AutoCannon II

Name: Angel Nomad / Archangels


Destroyed items:
Heavy Missile Launcher I
Heavy Missile Launcher I
Heavy Missile Launcher I
Medium C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
Small Armor Repairer I
Magnetic Scattering Amplifier I
Flameburst Light Missile, Qty: 200 (Cargo)
Punk ID Slice (Cargo)
Sabretooth Light Missile, Qty: 100 (Cargo)
Small Armor Repairer I (Cargo)
J5b Phased Prototype Warp Inhibitor I
Stasis Webifier I (Cargo)
Dual 180mm AutoCannon I (Cargo)
Scourge Heavy Missile, Qty: 10