24 Feb 2007

Ferox kill

Still flushed from the success of taking out the Hurricanes, I wanted more. As soon as I logged there was a gang that had already formed to hunt BlackFleet pilots. I was in Eifer and there were some [M W] and [RLE] pilots as well as the usual independent contractors. Lucius was in his rupture and Revivor in his rifter. I piloted the stabber and Lucius had got the attention of a BlackFleet Ferox and had him pinned at the Gusandall side of the Eifer stargate. We all jumped and quickly engaged the two Blackfleet pilots. I aimed my stabber at the ferocious ferox and hit it with the NOS and the four dual-180mm Autocannos. The sprang to life and started to spit out EMP shells out in a satisfyingly fast stream. They flared off the ferox's shield and combined with the firepower of the other gang, ate into the armour of the ferox. It was blasted into scrap.

A second Blackfleet Vexor was sitting there - the pilot was relatively new and had a positive security rating and was protected by the sentry guns. I didn't care as I turned on the NOS and the four dual-180mm autocannons, still hot from the previous exchange.

As soon as I opened fire, the automated response from the sentry gun controller informed me that they would take action against me. By the time the sentence was completed, the vexor was down to armour. I started to align to my safe spot as I needed to perform a quick getaway. The sentry gun muzzle's flashed and lasers and projectiles screamed towards me. The first salvo missed me as I continued to pummel the vexor. The vexor pilot, either too surprised or scared didn't do anything. At least he was smart enough not to fire.

The sentry guns recalibrated for me and then started to score hits, small at first but increasing the damage with each second. The vexor was down to less than 40% armour when I hit the warp engines. He was down to 20% armour when I warped out.


I had 10% hull left.

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/flashfresh/10_structure.JPG

However, we made the ferox kill and it was good.

2007.02.24 16:20

Victim: Irish Whiskey
Alliance: NONE
Corp: The Black Fleet
Destroyed: Ferox
System: Gusandall
Security: 0.4

Involved parties:

Name: Zombieee (laid the final blow)
Security: -0.9
Alliance: Eastern Star Federation
Corp: Metal Winter
Ship: Megathron
Weapon: 425mm Compressed Coil Gun I

Name: Lucius Cain
Security: -9.9
Alliance: Pandemic Legion
Corp: SniggWaffe
Ship: Rupture
Weapon: Dual 180mm AutoCannon I

Name: flashfresh
Security: -10.0
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Ship: Stabber
Weapon: Stabber

Name: Revivor
Security: -4.6
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Republic Military School
Ship: Rifter
Weapon: Warp Scrambler I



I waited out my criminal flag and docked.

Called it a day.