14 Apr 2007

Pirate v Pirate !!

I left the hab area that I had been frequenting, with the increased income from my loot and ransoms, I could afford slightly better accommodations now. The 'Podded Pilot' was a great bar - lots of characters there and the drinks were cheap. Also, a good place to pick up intelligence and other potentially lucrative, tidbits.

So I heard that Zombiee was in town and that he was in a Myrmidon. Additionally, he needed some help and wondered if I was around to assist? I wandered over to a public communications booth and punched in my access code. There was a message waiting for me - on opening it, there was a single line and it was private comms channel. I recognised Zombiee's digital signature so I proceeded. It must be good.

The elegant face of Zombiee greeted me - we exchanged pleasantries (didn't you know that a -10 pirate can hold a conversation?) and chatted about the weather. However, the real reason soon presented itself.

Cryptically, he told me to come in something 'shooty' and to meet him as soon as possible near the Eifer gate. So I undocked in the newly refitted stabber. Not the most powerful of cruisers but it was damn fast. My crew liked it though many felt a bit exposed when compared to the rupture. No matter, it was fast and packed a punch.

As I fired up the engines, Lucius Cain came in from the Metropolis region and was available for some violence and since we all knew each (having shot at each other in the past) we greeted and decided to meet up.

I hit the scanner to get an idea on what other ships were around and was found a Harbinger and a Megathron, both ships piloted by Armee de Finsteris ([ADF]) members. A pirates corp up to no good. Good pilots too.

Hmmm, Dueft and Muhaar Gemeinian were both known around these parts and for Zombiee to call us in was exciting if not suicidal outing.

Oh well.

The scan also revealed a Myrmidon battlecruiser and a rupture cruiser - the latter was Lucius's ship already en route to the rendevous point.

Zombiee had already found the two ADF pilots hugging the gate into Eifer and as soon as he arrived, they opened fire on him and incurred the wrath of the two sentry guns. However, those two ships could easily tank the damage and so were probably settling in to kill Zombiee. Both Lucius and I were called in and we hit the jump drives, the engines screaming as they pulled us into warp. Zombiee was giving us a running commentary on the shootings and he was tanking both the Megathron and the Harbringer. Impressive!

The warp tunnel seemed to extend for ages and I was impatient to get-it-on. My heart was beating fast as the attack loomed closer. I sounded battle stations for my crew and for them to prepare for a tough fight ahead. I was greeted by 'yaarrrs' all round. Those silly, loveable pirates.

Best get some intelligence I thought.

Me: Zombiee - who is primary?
Zombiee: Dueft in the harb
Me: k
Lucius Cain: k

The stabber came out of warp and landed 2km from an angry looking Megathron, spitting death and fury at Zombiee's Mymridon. From a quick scan it appeared to be equipped with close range blasters. No doubt T2 flavoured. The Harbringer was about 6Km away and I locked it as quickly as the computers would allow me. The dual-Noseferatu snapped on and I hit hit the webber to slow the Amarr BC down. Lucius also added to the fire pouring onto the Harbringer and slowly it's armour tank was being overcome. Hot fragments the size of terrain vehicles were being blasted off it's armour. Zombiee's drones buzzed around angrily and drilled smoking holes into it's armour. Zombiee was also tanking the tremendous firepower from the ADF ships, who were also tanking the gun fire from the sentry guns.

So a three way blast them up: who could win out of team 'ADF' made up of a Megathron and Harbringer versus team 'Independents' made up of a rupture, stabber and myrmidon?

Gradually, the fight swung our way - I was targeted by the Megathron but suffered no damage, nor did Lucius in his rupture but the Harbringer was slowly dying. Already, the EMP shells from my dual-180mms smashed into exposed hull structure and I swear I could see the crew being blasted out of the ship like dust. I ordered my ammunition to be made ready as the harbringer was still a tough ship and my auto cannons were already starting to jam.

The Harbringer shuddered and then exploded - my last few rounds, the sentry gun fire and the damage from the drones (both the myrmidon and rupture) killed it. We failed to capture Captain Dueft's pod, who skillfully warped away.

Our attention was then turned towards the mighty Megathron who by now had almost killed the Myrmidon. Zombiee must have had a fantastic setup to tank this onslaught for so long.

The space between the two ships was thick with debris and whisps of hot gases and ejected ammunition casings - some the size of a truck. The myrmidon's tank was beginning to break but what a show! Zombiee's ship popped a minute later but he managed to get out his pod, leaving his drones - now leaderless. Lucius was next, his hardy cruiser trading shots with the even bigger Megathron at close range. Between my stabber and Lucius' rupture, we finally cracked the Megathron's armour - most of the damage was probably from Zombiee's drones but we helped. As the Megathron was getting into 50% hull, Lucius ordered an abandon ship and his ship exploded seconds later.

Even with 40% hull, the prospects didn't look too good as my stabber was now taking fire - luckily my first shots scored wrecking shots and blasted building sized chunks off the battleship and after 10 second broadside from the Gallente Battleship, which I survived - the Megathron exploded. Instead of celebrating, I turned my attention to a new danger: Dueft had come back in her Armageddon and while still under fire from the sentry guns - was slowly getting her optimal range to me. I left the loot just as she locked me. I hit the jump drive instantly after and leapt into warp leaving the wreckage and loot behind.

What a fight! A Myrmidon, Rupture and Stabber (both cruisers all T1) took on a Harbringer (with T2 mega-pulse lasers) and a Megathron.

In our post-fight conversation - we congratulated everyone and the kill mails revealed that the megathron and harbringer were almost all T2-fitted.

Lovely.

The combat was brilliant and exciting - certainly, both my and Lucius's T1 fitted cruisers did a superb job though Zombiee's myrmidon did most of the work. Great fight from the ADF guys too.

Who said pirates only preyed on the weak?

Concord confirmed the kills:

2007.04.13 19:50

Victim: Muhaar Gemeinian
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Armee der Finsternis
Destroyed: Megathron
System: Gusandall
Security: 0.4

Involved parties:

Name: Minmatar Sentry Gun / Republic Fleet

Name: Lucius Cain
Security: -10.0
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Bad-Mojo
Ship: Rupture
Weapon: Hobgoblin I

Name: Zombieee
Security: -0.5
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Maelstrom Crew
Ship: Capsule
Weapon: Warp Disruptor I

Name: flashfresh (laid the final blow)
Security: -10.0
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Ship: Stabber
Weapon: Dual 180mm AutoCannon I

Name: Concord Billboard / CONCORD (WTF?)


Destroyed items:

Null L, Qty: 1500 (Cargo)
Antimatter Charge L, Qty: 1471 (Cargo)
Void L, Qty: 799 (Cargo)
Ion Blaster Cannon II
X5 Prototype I Engine Enervator
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Medium Diminishing Power System Drain I
Cap Booster 800 (Cargo)
Cap Booster 800, Qty: 3
Void L, Qty: 75
Void L, Qty: 76


2007.04.13 19:47

Victim: dueft
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Armee der Finsternis
Destroyed: Harbinger
System: Gusandall
Security: 0.4

Involved parties:

Name: Minmatar Sentry Gun / Republic Fleet

Name: Minmatar Sentry Gun / Republic Justice Department

Name: Zombieee (laid the final blow)
Security: -0.5
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Maelstrom Crew
Ship: Myrmidon
Weapon: Ogre I

Name: flashfresh
Security: -10.0
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Ship: Stabber
Weapon: Dual 180mm AutoCannon I

Name: Lucius Cain
Security: -10.0
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Bad-Mojo
Ship: Rupture
Weapon: Rupture


Destroyed items:

Radio M (Cargo)
Heavy Pulse Laser II
Heavy Pulse Laser II
Medium 'Ghoul' Energy Siphon I
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Conflagration M
Conflagration M
Cap Booster 800, Qty: 3 (Cargo)
Medium Armor Repairer II
Microwave M (Cargo)
Microwave M (Cargo)
Microwave M (Cargo)
Radio M (Cargo)
Conflagration M
Energized Thermic Membrane II
400mm R

2007.04.13 19:56
Conflagration M
Energized Thermic Membrane II
400mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Warp Disruptor II
Scorch M (Cargo)
Focused Medium Pulse Laser II
Scorch M (Cargo)
Hornet EC-300 (Drone Bay)
Cap Booster 800, Qty: 4 (Cargo)
Y-S8 Hydrocarbon I Afterburners
EMP S, Qty: 1840 (Cargo)
EMP S, Qty: 80 (Cargo)
Gyrostabilizer I (Cargo)
150mm Light AutoCannon I (Cargo)
150mm Light AutoCannon I (Cargo)
Multifrequency M (Cargo)
Multifrequency M (Cargo)

Lots of T2 gear too. Nice.