2 Feb 2007

Fell to a cyclone

My blood was still rushing through me veins and sitting in the bar in Gusandall station was so boring, even if the company was enchanting. I undocked in my rupture and went hunting. Auren is a quite 0.4 system and not much going on. I listened to the hiss of local non-chat and was day dreaming when a pilot from the Free Masons United Inc corp appeared.

Hitting the scanning computer it spat out the ship type: a cyclone. Hmmmm a battlecruiser would be a challenge in a rupture but I wasn't at all bothered. I started to scan him but also spotted Lucius Cain was around and close by. I asked him if he was interested in taking on a cyclone with me and being a fine sport - agreed.

The cyclone was in a belt finishing off an Angel cruiser when I arrived, I landed above the battlecruiser and about 7Km away - a perfect position. The scrambler screamed on and the webbed sent out it's tendrils. I started to score hits immediately but realised that this ship was BIG.

The cyclone replied with a swarm of drones that zipped towards me. I quickly webbed one and sent out my own drones to go after the cyclone's drones. Meanwhile, the cyclone and I were trading furious broadsides with me taking a slight lead in damage. My crew worked hard to keep the cruiser operational as it shuddered under the impact of the widowmaker heavy missiles.

I was down to 10% armour with the repairer failing to keep up the high damage it was taking. The cyclone was also down to about 10% but it still had overall more to lose. We both went into hull and it was a race to see who could go first.

Lucius arrived in system just as I crossed the critical threshold of 25% hull. I ordered the crew to abandon ship as I made sure my pod ejection system was in place. A final salvo from my guns and the rupture exploded. Lucius arrived and started to punch holes into the cyclone's remaining hull. The cyclone followed me soon afterwards into a fiery demise. Lucius, managed to snag the pilot's pod and kill him.

Nice kill. I ordered what was left of my crew to rendevous back at Gusandall where we would split the booty. There was a lot of it and when I managed to dock and come back out in a rifter - it took trips to do it.

Lucius has proven to be a good wing man and deserved the killing blow on the cyclone.

2007.01.31 23:45

Victim: flashfresh
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Destroyed: Rupture
System: Auren
Security: 0.4

Involved parties:

Name: Ravencaa (laid the final blow)
Security: 0.5
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Free Masons United Inc.
Ship: Cyclone
Weapon: Widowmaker Heavy Missile


Destroyed items:

Small I-a Polarized Armor Regenerator
400mm Reinforced Nanofiber Plates I
Stasis Webifier I
Medium Nosferatu I
EMP M, Qty: 1886 (Cargo)
Gyrostabilizer I
Gyrostabilizer I
425mm AutoCannon I
EMP M, Qty: 15