5 Feb 2007

Captain Jammer and his stabbed rifter

I have to admit, I am impressed with the Bleeder setup on the punisher but I question whether it is effective against other frigates. I engaged Jinzai in his rifter and we both sat there and tanked. He tanked me because, without a webber - his rifter was too quick; even for my 150mm ACs to hit consistently and I could tank him 'cause the Bleeder is designed to tank most things. Also, with Amarr frigate level V - I have an extra 25% on all armour resistances. Sweet.

We both agreed to call it a draw.

Later on in the evening, I spotted Captain Jammer in a rifter. I was also in a rifter too and managed to snag him a couple of times - each time; he warped out. The first time I thought it was a targetting problem but the second time, I definitely had him. We exchanged fire and once it go too much for him - he warped out.

OK, a stabbed rifter.

My 1pt, 20km disruptor was obviously not effective so I quickly swapped to a 7.5km, 2pt scrambler. Hopefully, when I engage him - he would have assumed that I was still using a 1pt.

I dock and refit and undock quickly and continue the hunt.

Local was quite busy with stabbers and ruptures all milling about. My sights were set on Captain Jammer though.

The scanner window popped open and I had to adjust the settings to remove the clutter. I grinned at the number of corpses floating around. Lots of kills today from various peeps.

Finally, tracked down Captain Jammer and it appeared he was at the complex - either inside or at the entrance. I checked ammunition levels and mentally ordered the jump computer to activate the engines. The rifter responded smoothly and slid into the warp tunnel. Many thoughts tumbled through my mind: i rarely use a 7.5km scrambler as it means tearing ass towards a target who might run. A 20KM disruptor gives so much more versatility to hunting.

I could see the ship was about to exit the warp and mentally readied myself - the command to hit the afterburner and slam my way towards the target was almost on my lips. Had to be quick.
The rifter burst out in front of the ancient acceleration gates - landing 2.3km from the ancient devices. Captain Jammer was there and waiting for me.

Bonus.

He locked me (ha, with a stabbed installed?) as I locked him. My two-point scrambler sank its teeth into Captain Jammer's rifter and completely fubar'ed his navigation computer. He decided to web me and scramble me also. No matter.

I trusted my 150mm ACs and EMP with my life.

His bloodclaw missiles slamming into the shield gave me pause. He had two missile launchers on his ship. Could be tough but still shouldn't cause me too many problems. I orbitted him with the webber on and opened up a broadside.

I grinned as the emp ate his shields quickly and did the same to his armour. Oh yes.

Unlike Jinzai or Jak-O, Captain Jammer did not have a cap booster so he would have to contend with cap issues. I could smell victory as Captain Jammer tried to wriggle free from the webbing streams and activate his navigation computer. I could imagine his face contort in horror as he realised he was trapped.

My EMP shells and gremlin rockets knocked his shield down and into his armour. I opened up a conversation window but Captain Jammer blocked me. More fool him.

With no option to ransom (i did not want to alert the others in local) - I decided it was time to pod him once his ship went up in flames. I love the sound of debris sparking off the shields or armour of the ship.

Sweet.

His pod went soon after and no other words exchanged in local. He certainly lived up to his corp name. These guys are wannabe pirates. Bring them on.

2007.02.04 22:58

Victim: Captain Hammer
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Down In Flames
Destroyed: Rifter
System: Gusandall
Security: 0.4

Involved parties:

Name: Angel Crusher / Archangels

Name: flashfresh (laid the final blow)
Security: -9.9
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Ship: Rifter
Weapon: 150mm Light AutoCannon I


Destroyed items:

Monopropellant I Hydrazine Boosters
Piranha Light Missile, Qty: 239 (Cargo)
Standard Missile Launcher I
Power Diagnostic System I
Fleeting Progressive Warp Scrambler I
Standard Missile Launcher I
Medium Shield Extender I (Cargo)
EMP M, Qty: 100 (Cargo)
Passive Barrier Compensator I (Cargo)
200mm AutoCannon I (Cargo)
Small Capacitor Battery I (Cargo)
Small Capacitor Booster I (Cargo)
Shield Recharger I (Cargo)
Stasis Webifier I (Cargo)
Small Energy Transfer Array I (Cargo)
Nuclear S, Qty: 100 (Cargo)
Bloodclaw Light Missile, Qty: 32


AND THE POD. YAAR.

2007.02.04 23:00

Victim: Captain Hammer
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Down In Flames
Destroyed: Capsule
System: Gusandall
Security: 0.4

Involved parties:

Name: flashfresh (laid the final blow)
Security: -9.9
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Ship: Rifter
Weapon: 150mm Light AutoCannon I


2007.02.04 23:00

Victim: Captain Hammer
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Down In Flames
Destroyed: Capsule
System: Gusandall
Security: 0.4

Involved parties:

Name: flashfresh (laid the final blow)
Security: -9.9
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Ship: Rifter
Weapon: 150mm Light AutoCannon I