8 Feb 2007

Hunting a caracal

Lucius has proved to be a good wing man and the 'Independence movement' work well. LC had a rupture and was testing it - so far it had performed well but there was a question on how quickly it could lock onto frigates and other smaller craft.

We both undocked and hunted around for targets. We spotted a caracal and a rifter companion and thought that this would be ideal. I was in two minds as to whether to go back and get a punisher as it was designed to soak up damage and would be ideal anti-Caracal duty. Deciding against it, I continued to hunt. It was in Gusandall and we both missed the Caracal by seconds each time.

Then it and her rifter companion disappeared from local. Gusandall is a hub with five gates leading off it. I went to Auren while LC went towards Eifer. We both came up empty and chose Ingunn as the next likely place.

Arriving at the SG - I saw LC jump before me. How on earth did he get there before me? Once in Ingunn, we were rewarded with the presence of Alize and her friend. LC and I jumped to our own scanning points and quickly tried to narrow her down. I got the caracal at IV-3 and warped to it. I arrived and saw her!

I targetted but she had already initiate her jump engines and hopped out. Hopefully, I didn't spook her. LC reported back that he couldn't find the rifter but we both continued to scan.

I got the Caracal at IV-2 and jumped and landed 3KM from Alize's caracal and her rifter wingmate. I immediately hit the warp disruptor after I got a lock. The caracal and the rifter were ready for me though.

Yelling at LC to get to IV-2 immediately, I slammed the rifter into a tight orbit and webbed the caracal. I really should have webbed the rifter instead but in the heat of battle, killing the caracal was paramount.

The caracal spat out missiles at me as the rifter started to slam projectiles at me too. My shields disappeared and the armour was close to following even with the small armour repairer running frantically.

LC finally burst into normal space and went straight for the caracal. I had taken almost all its shields down but the combined firepower of the caracal and rifter was too much. Not for the first time did I think that a punisher would have been a better choice.

My hull shattered and I quickly warped out. LC had the caracal in its sights and with his dual-180mm ACs - ripped the cruiser to pieces.

Alize was also podded but the rifter managed to get away.

What a fight!

2007.02.07 23:47

Victim: flashfresh
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Destroyed: Rifter
System: Ingunn
Security: 0.3

Involved parties:

Name: Coro Mo
Security: -0.1
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Republic Military School
Ship: Rifter
Weapon: OE-5200 Rocket Launcher

Name: Alizse (laid the final blow)
Security: -0.6
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Hola Chica
Ship: Caracal
Weapon: Sabretooth Light Missile

Name: Angel Defacer / Archangels


Destroyed items:

'Malkuth' Rocket Launcher I
Nanofiber Internal Structure I
150mm Light AutoCannon I
150mm Light AutoCannon I
Gyrostabilizer I
Stasis Webifier I
Gremlin Rocket, Qty: 267 (Cargo)
EMP S, Qty: 52
EMP S, Qty: 52
Gremlin Rocket, Qty: 11

2007.02.07 23:48

Victim: Alizse
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Hola Chica
Destroyed: Caracal
System: Ingunn
Security: 0.3

Involved parties:

Name: flashfresh
Security: -10.0
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Ship: Capsule
Weapon: Stasis Webifier I

Name: Lucius Cain (laid the final blow)
Security: -9.0
Alliance: Pandemic Legion
Corp: SniggWaffe
Ship: Rupture
Weapon: Dual 180mm AutoCannon I

Name: Piranha Light Missile / Archangels


Destroyed items:

SV-2000 Assault Missile Bay
Medium C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
Medium Shield Extender I
Medium Shield Extender I
Bloodclaw Light Missile, Qty: 2890 (Cargo)
Flameburst Light Missile, Qty: 2500 (Cargo)
Damage Control I
Hobgoblin I, Qty: 2 (Drone Bay)
Piranha Light Missile, Qty: 2500 (Cargo)
Sabretooth Light Missile, Qty: 61
Sabretooth Light Missile, Qty: 61
Sabretooth Light Missile, Qty: 62