2 Feb 2007

Nice, nice Rifter tank but not me......

Decided a a trip to hrondredir was in order. So I flew there in the trusty rifter. Eager for more fresh meat. However, I was carved up and served. I spotted Jak-O in local and went after him. We engaged each other at a planet. The blue-green orb a magnificient backdrop for our conflict. He knocked my shields down in seconds and started to eat into my armour. His shields soon followed and his armour.

It was close but I trusted my higher skills and cheaper weapons against his more expensive weaponary and lower skill base.

Well, it was a gamble that went wrong. Our frantic repair work matched for three cycles but I was then getting dangerously low on capacitor energy. While I couldn't see his cap levels; the fact that he could continue to repair meant he had more reserves than me.

He had a cap booster.

Shit.

While I ran out of cap (this after a frenetic three minute fusiliade of fire and rockets) he continued to repair.

I didn't run as I decided to honour this fight and go down in flames. He had a webber on me and with his AB and Cap Booster - meant no scrambler. No matter, honour and pride!

My hull splintered under his T2 fire (he was using barrage shells) and I quickly warped my pod out of harm's way. It was a good fight.

2007.02.02 12:46

Victim: flashfresh
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Destroyed: Rifter
System: Hrondedir
Security: 0.3

Involved parties:

Name: Jak o (laid the final blow)
Security: -1.0
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Republic Military School
Ship: Rifter
Weapon: 150mm Light AutoCannon II