5 Feb 2007

I got a VEXOR

First confirmed VEXOR kill for me. I saw this pilot in local and realised he was in a vexor. Oh, what a lovely ship - even better if it fell to my guns! He was being smart and moving around but I wanted to tackle it nonetheless and in a punisher no less!

Found the cruiser in a belt salvaging a wreck. I raced in and took on the vexor. The punisher is a tough ship and with the massive cap and high resists; it can soak up damage and still do damage over time. Problem is, in a crowded system - a long drawn out fight tends to bring out fight 'fans'.

Taking the vexor down took a fair few minutes - he didn't call out for help in local but may have been in corp chat so I was praying that the kill would come quickly. The vexor amazingly did not launch his drones but had some dual 150mm rail guns on. I could easily tank the damage but my output (while slow) was steady. Just hoped no-one would come in and spoil the party!

Eventually, his hull gave up and his pod warped. I couldn't snare it in time and to ransom.

2007.02.05 22:35

Victim: Hashu Daishin
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Pax Sacramentum
Destroyed: Vexor
System: Eifer
Security: 0.4

Involved parties:

Name: flashfresh (laid the final blow)
Security: -9.9
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Ship: Punisher
Weapon: 150mm Light AutoCannon I