I voted but am surprised at the actual turn out and results. Plenty of people have posted about this already but congratulations to the winners and filling the vacant CSM 5 chair (last held by my good friend Mynxee) would be a tall order but step forward The Mittani. Squashed almost all opponents in his journey to the top. The composition of the CSM looks also very null sec oriented this time around with no Empire, Faction Warfare, Wormhole, Industry or pirate focus. Should be interesting to see what pans out. Congratulations to all.
Lost In Eve
Our very own, TheHermit was asked to guest on another excellent podcast with Lost In Eve, as hosted and brilliantly run by Jade. This episode had a low-sec slant and is an excellent listen...
Drunk and AFK FC Roam
Date: FRIDAY, 01 APR 2011 & SATURDAY, 02 APR 2011
Time: 21:15 EVE TIME
Form-up time: 20:15 EVE TIME
Location: Will be sent to those interested in due course but previous attendees should know where it is.
Route: TBD - but all over the place no doubt...
Duration: Until we run out of ships or the FC collapses from too much alcohol
Right, drunk roam this Friday (01 APR 2011) is Part one. Part two will be Saturday (02 APR 2011) same time. The reason is that two drunk roam is better than one. Part One is also going to be an experimental set-up, more details on the night.
Also, it will give us a chance to switch into new fleet commanders.
Flashfresh's preparation for both nights:
1. A full 2-litre bottle Disaronno. Check.
2. 3.5 litres of coke? - Check.
3. A full meal around 19:00? - Organised so should be ok - curry!!!, Check.
4. Ensuring that I have a pillow and blanket nearby? - Check.
5. Ice in the freezer? - Nope, get some!
6. Ensure that the missus has left for a friend's hen do and that I AM TRULY FREE! - Check.
7. Send reminder update via email / evemail to peeps? - No yet.
Everyone else: join our ingame channel 'Independence'. Shout that you want to get DRUNK and shoot things. A squad commander, who I hope isn't drunk, will try and fleet you up.
Kick off from 20:15 onwards on both nights - assuming that I haven't started early then someone will have to lead the rabble out without me!
What shall you bring?
Anything that won't sting your wallet if you lose it.
Are there any rules for a Bastards drunk roam?
Aim: Crazily fitted T1 frigate/cruiser roam around low-sec and null-sec; it will end when we have no ships left in the fleet (or we fall off our chairs drunk). Of course, I will be fitting a super gank ruppie but there you go.
We are to have fun, drink and be merry. Emphasis on the drink and merry bit. No sad faces.
Like the last roam, the idea is to have fun. There's no better lubricant for fun then alcohol and lots of it! Ratting for ammo is expected. Throwing ourselves into danger at the first opportunity is also expected.
Of course, we have to pace ourselves as there will be plenty of chances to drink so the roam should still last the usual two hours.
Everyone read the requirements carefully.
++FUN roam, no sad faces!!++
1. Join the in-game channel 'INDEPENDENCE' for details and fleet pick up on the day.
2. Any T1 frigate/cruiser fitted out with whatever you want. Gank cruisers welcome.
3. Yes, fit a rupture with lasers if you want.
4. Or a thorax with arties and missiles.
5. Or a rifter with a cruiser sized weapon.
6. Or bring a Celestis, sorry Lady Shaniqua!
7. Mix your weapon systems. Why? because we can and that's how we roll.
8. Points required of course, we can't have people running away.
9. We each drink a shot of spirits (or beer) every half hour during the roam and after each ship kill and after each ship loss and for every ransom.
10. Aim is to see who can stay up for the longest.
11. Ventrilo - working with mic in place.
12. Needs to be frapsed with some vent recordings as well.
13. If you decide to fit a stab (why not?) then you have to say 'STABBED!' in local, take a shot of alcohol and then RUN like the wuss you are when you get tackled. If you do this and get smack - everyone else will need to take a shot on your behalf.
14. Tell me what is your drink(s) of choice for the night.
15. Any other rules that the FC wants to make up on the night.
Interested? Then contact us using the one of the following methods:
1. Post a comment here.
2. Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Contact TheHermit on email@example.com
4. Contact me or TheHermit ingame via conversation or evemail